MS Excel can be defined as the lifeline of accounting for many businesses.Its user friendliness makes it most sought after program in many companies.It is helpful to record and retrieve the inventory , sales and stocks in an organized manner.There are several DO’s & Dont’s I would like to share based on my experience.
DO’s – things to do in excel.
- Use excel to record inventory .
- To track the sold and balance inventory.
- Brand or Category wise segregation and tracking.
- Product Value wise segregation .
- Sales, purchases and profit in ratios, graphs can be generated.
- Keep track of weekly,monthly,quarterly and Annual sales and performance of brands, staffs and profits generated.
- Make summary of Monthly and Quarterly performance.
- Keep the records crisp and to the point.
- Can lock the secret files.
- Attendance ,salary,payslips and all vital documents can be managed through it.
Dont’s- things to avoid in excel.
- Excel is easy if you use according to its formulae.
- Don’t disturb the formulae.
- Avoid excessive coloring of excel sheet.
- Avoid complicating with multiple things in one sheet like Inventory ,attendance sales clubbed in one sheet.
- Do not mix multiple sheets.
- Do not insert too many comments.
- Do not add many hyperlinks.
- Paste special & transpose should be used smartly.
- Do not forget to write the page name separately.
- Avoid over formatting and keep file look clean and crisp.
- Donot use un even fonts .Keep organized and save.